Thursday, October 22, 2009

givin' us the giggles

A few funny moments along the way. . .

When they were cutting off Shawn's clothes and boots before he went onto Life Flight, he had a bit to say. Everyone had to laugh when he mumbled, "I can feel someone taking my pants off, and I don't think it's my wife."

While he was on the stretcher moving from the van to the helicopter. . ."Things are looking up, it's a blue sky day."

And he is still a little confused about why they called Life Flight in the first place. He knew his legs hurt pretty bad, but he was pretty sure that once they got them out of there, he'd just head home. In fact, when someone asked him for his wife's phone number, he hesitated and told them, "I don't know if that's such a good idea. It would probably better if you just got me out of here and then I'll tell her in a few hours when I get home".

Of course, on life flight, he had everyone laughing.

The first night in the ICU, Kelsey arranged for all of his family to have a few minutes together with him in the ICU. He was really sedated, but when his mom asked the nurse if we could quickly have a family prayer. Shawn roused enough to caution the nurse, "don't ask her" (pointing to his mom- he's always giving her a hard time about her long prayers). Then after, while we were waiting for someone to volunteer, he mumbled, "Well, I ain't sayin' it."

He is continually harassing the nurses. Kelsey is continually monitoring him, but has been assured that in his current state, he can't be held liable for harassment for anything he says. Oh, and to all of his single buddies, he's scoping out all of the hot nurses for you. He's determined to get you all lined up.

Amazingly enough, he hasn't yet asked for chocolate, but he thinks the water they gave him the first night was the best thing ever. He raved and raved about that good water.

And to Mike, the male nurse, about the breathing machine. B.S. But, he's set on getting it to the top. He's sure that when he does, he's gonna get bunnies, dancers, and bells and whistles. . .just like at Lagoon.

And last night when Jodi and AJ were back with him. He was pretty drugged up, but when AJ asked what they'd had him doing, he was proud to tell him about his day. "Yeah, I got up and walked to there (pointing), and did this little breathing thing, and oh, I guess the van is trashed."
And a few miniutes later, a few of his machines were beeping. When the phone stared ringing, he told them one of the favorite lines of the day,

"This is a beeping revolution."

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shawn,
    Its Sadie, I dont know when you will read this
    but I want you to know that I love you soooooo much and I am glad you are alive and doing well. I miss you and hope you get well really fast! I hope to see you soon. Will you have to have crutches? Do they even make them your size? I love you lots,Im glad your still here and I hope you get well really fast!!
    SADIE CRONEY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just wanted to add something that all the thanks from KELSEY's side of the Family My Mom and Dad and us sisters phones have been ringing no stop as Well.. We Just wanted to thank all of them as well as Shawns Family.

    Shawn,
    Your a great brother in law Im glad to hear your doing good Sorry I didnt get it to see you the first night your just to popular. Im Hoping i can make it up there soon. Keep being strong. We Love you
    Ashley Wright

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad someone started this blog because I have been wondering how he is doing. This is great to read. I love the funny things he's saying. Always Shawn, right? Shawn-I'm so glad you're doing well, and hope to see you up and around soon! TIffany

    ReplyDelete